Team PWNAGE™
Already a member ? Log in now !

Unregistered ? Sign up for the teamPWNAGE forums to recieve exclusive content, read reviews or write one, seek help, help others, chat with members or just relax!

NO ADS FOR REGISTERED MEMBERS Smile

* TeamPWNAGE will now email all registered members next time an " xbox 360 ban wave occurs" so you wont get caught out! *

TeamPWNAGE welcomes you !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Team PWNAGE™
Already a member ? Log in now !

Unregistered ? Sign up for the teamPWNAGE forums to recieve exclusive content, read reviews or write one, seek help, help others, chat with members or just relax!

NO ADS FOR REGISTERED MEMBERS Smile

* TeamPWNAGE will now email all registered members next time an " xbox 360 ban wave occurs" so you wont get caught out! *

TeamPWNAGE welcomes you !
Team PWNAGE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I forgot my password

Hashshashin

Go down

Hashshashin  Empty Hashshashin

Post by be_map1512 Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:19 am

The Hashshashin (Arabic: حشّاشين‎ Ḥashāshīn, also Hashishin, Hashashiyyin, or Assassins) was a pejorative name given to the Nizari Ismailis, particularly those of Syria and Persia, by their adversaries during the Middle Ages. Preserved within European sources, such as the writings of Marco Polo, the term was used in a deprecatory manner to describe the Nizaris as trained killers, responsible for the systematic elimination of opposing figures. Posing a strong military threat to Sunni Saljuq authority within the Persian territories, the Nizari Ismailis captured and inhabited many mountain fortresses under the leadership of the Persian Hassan-i Sabbah. Used figuratively, the term hashish connoted meanings such as "outcast" or "rabble".[Daftary 1] Taken literally, however, various orientalist scholars came to view the Nizaris as having consumed hashish before carrying out political killings.

American Flags
dvd

be_map1512
PWNER
PWNER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum