Team PWNAGE™
Already a member ? Log in now !

Unregistered ? Sign up for the teamPWNAGE forums to recieve exclusive content, read reviews or write one, seek help, help others, chat with members or just relax!

NO ADS FOR REGISTERED MEMBERS Smile

* TeamPWNAGE will now email all registered members next time an " xbox 360 ban wave occurs" so you wont get caught out! *

TeamPWNAGE welcomes you !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Team PWNAGE™
Already a member ? Log in now !

Unregistered ? Sign up for the teamPWNAGE forums to recieve exclusive content, read reviews or write one, seek help, help others, chat with members or just relax!

NO ADS FOR REGISTERED MEMBERS Smile

* TeamPWNAGE will now email all registered members next time an " xbox 360 ban wave occurs" so you wont get caught out! *

TeamPWNAGE welcomes you !
Team PWNAGE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I forgot my password

READ: IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON XBOX LIVE BANNINGS

Go down

READ: IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON XBOX LIVE BANNINGS Empty READ: IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON XBOX LIVE BANNINGS

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:49 am

Hey everyone,

I have done significant research on the recent bannings much of which has been from places such as www*xbox360iso*com and from 1-800-4MYXBOX (by using lies such as saying I worked for a beta testing company etc.) and from friends. Apparently, the recent bannings have become signficant after the October 28, 2009 Xbox LIVE system update. And yes it is true, this update has played a role in the recent bans. I asked a lady that worked in the support service what specifically the October 28 update did (besides the increased wireless stuff it mentioned) and she explained it briefly as a means to check for modders and pirates while they play on and offline (as many people were doing with the recent leak of modern warfare 2). Another phone call (and those of many others on forums) confirmed that they can apparently findout if we are using a flashed xbox ie. detecting a firmware [they may be trying to scare us].

Many people tell people who are banned that it was because of playing Wave 4 games or unstealth patched/unverified games or from playing unreleased games - but, there are MANY people who you may read of, who were banned after signing on after months of not playing. Or many who got banned even though they havent played ANY unstealth patched or unreleased games. And also many who have been banned who have never even been able to try playing a backup game! So therefore that is more compelling evidence to non-believers that the recent update was in fact unsafe, contrary to what many people have stated.

Now what you can do? Well i guess the best thing to do is to wait offline (if you dont feel safe online) for a new iextreme firmware :S if anything... but in the mean time there are some steps you can do to remain safe (offline) in some ways. I was thinking that because the xbox service employees mentioned that the update was what was tracking data on and offline it would be best to remove the updates, if you would like to do so you may by following the following steps (this actually works despite the odd procedure.):

If You Got Banned
Now, if you do happen to find yourself banned here are some things (that i know of) that you will be unfortunate to discover:
1. You wont be able to save games to your HDD
2. Your save files will be corrupt when you transfer them
3. Any gamerscore you get will be obviously counted as offline gamerscore and since your account cant be transfered to another 360 (because it will be corrupt) you will need to migrate it, thus deleting any gamerscore you got after you were banned (while offline).
4.And other things that i may have forgotten to post

Now to avoid losing your hard drive *which may be very valuable to some gamers with all your save files, dlc, great capacity (120gb maybe)*, there is something you can do to see if you are banned ahead of time without losing your HDD.

How to Remove System Updates
If you feel like removing your system updates, you may notice if you have tried to do so that they are not located in your system memory. So in order to delete them do this:
1. Press the guide button
2. Go all the way to the right
3. Go to system settings
4. Go to memory
5. DO NOT SELECT YOUR MEMORY UNIT *as in your HDD*
6. Press the following buttons in order: X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X
7. You will be prompted if you want to remove the updates, it is your choice and they can always be redownloaded within mere seconds of signing into live.

How to Check if Your Banned
Follow this guide:
1.Unplug hard drive and/or memory unit
2.Turn on 360 with ethernet cable/wireless plugged in
3.Go to "system settings" in the dashboard, * Click on "Network", * Click on "Test Xbox Live Connection" * Wait for the results, if it asks you to update click CANCEL. * Click on "Y (Yellow)" to get the status report up on screen:

If the status reports the following you ARE banned:

W: 0000-0008
X: 0000-F001
Y: 00A8-6820
Z: 8015-190D (see this = banned) If your Z: is different you are NOT banned.
ID: 0008-0000

Any other code in the Z: line such as "Z: 8015 - 1002" means you are NOT banned, the only code that means you are banned is "Z: 8015-190D", that is the banned code.

Hopefully this post has helped alot of you in understanding what is going on. It is entirely your decision if you want to sign onto Xbox Live with the current circumstances. As it is, it seems that it really WAS the update that flagged people.

Back to top Go down

READ: IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON XBOX LIVE BANNINGS Empty Re: READ: IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON XBOX LIVE BANNINGS

Post by D-KRYP73R Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:23 am

Good post i like it. very helpfull
D-KRYP73R
D-KRYP73R
Admin
Admin

http://teampwnage.net

Back to top Go down